Car Clutch Repair
Your clutch is an important part of your car. While your main experience of a clutch is maybe just pressing down on the clutch pedal each time you want to shift up or down your gears, inside there’s a lot more going on that you don’t see.
If you need a new clutch or not sure if you do, call one of your local Hi Performance garages in Sunderland
Clutch plates inside your car are kept together using springs. They separate when you press down on the pedal, which enables the gears inside the engine to be changed. This repetitive action eventually wears the clutch down over long period time, and it will need replacing.
How do I know if I need a new clutch?
It's not always easy to know when the clutch needs changing. There are a few signs to look out for when it comes to your car’s performance that might mean you could need a clutch replacement:
- You have difficulty changing your gears
- You hear a grinding noise when you change up or down the gears.
- The engine revs climb or fall of their own accord
- You lose acceleration or there is a loss of drive as the clutch ‘slips’ when you change gear.
- The revs keep going up but there isn’t much increase tin the cars speed.
Book a FREE clutch assessment today and our mechanics will tell you openly and honestly whether your car clutch, or van clutch needs replacing.
If your clutch is the problem, then our clutch specialists can get to work straight away to repair or replace your clutch or we can provide you with a quotation.